Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing #9: Sandboxing it Up

Playing on the Wiki was fun, I enjoyed creating EV by Numbers. Once I managed to get the TOC to happen (yes, I have issues with READING directions instead of just skimming them, I'm that kid), it was a piece of cake. My school has been using a wiki for the past semester as a way of getting out announcements. However, this was my first experience with doing anything other than simply adding newsletters to the page.

I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of the wiki page, and I'll be excited to explore it more over the summer. As I was working, I realized that it would be as simple as Ms. Davis suggested to get my kids to create their own pages - as long as they can follow directions better than I can! I predict that my students will enjoy adding photos and other media the most - just as I did. I think there's something exciting about being able to decorate your own little piece of cyberspace, and hopefully they'll agree with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment