Monday, July 19, 2010

The Grand Finale

I've really enjoyed my time working through this class. A lot of the tools, though I may have had experience with them in the past, were presented in an educational context that I hadn't previously thought of because of my prior experience.


In particular, I enjoyed reviewing Google Apps before the start of the school year. It gave me a chance to revisit what I learned in the spring and get started on my new modifications. I'm also excited about using both VoiceThread and YouTube more often this year in the classroom. Of course, the most recent ones come to mind first, but I certainly enjoyed played with Library Thing and exploring the whole idea of creating a Wiki.

I know that social networking sites are one great way to keep up with the updates to technology, but I'm actually planning on using some of the blogs I found through my Reader to keep tabs on how technology is being used in education. For me, it seems like a better solution to the whole "staying current" problemo.

After finishing this course, I can say that I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of knowledge I realized that I already had pertaining to these tools. It taught me that I really need to repurpose my skills and start digging deeper to find the best ways to teach my chillins - I'm certainly not going to run out of ideas any time soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing!!! I too need to refocus my technological goals in the classroom. I am excited to see what will come of wikis and blogs. I am sure that it will not only benefit my kiddos, but also me! Here's to innovation and incorporation!

    ReplyDelete