Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #15: Deliciousness

I have to begin this post by saying that I'm not really a huge fan of Delicious. In fact, after the class is over, I'll more than likely delete all of the random things that I had to acquire (the toolbar, the Yahoo account, etc. ) just for this one tool. I've used StumbleUpon for years, and with my personality, I simply prefer to use that tool combined with Google and other search engines than deal with Delicious.

Moving on with the assignment, I spent most of my time researching different volunteer vacation and Latin/South American tourism sites, as you can see on my delicious links. This is something that I'm interested in personally, but also something that I look on as an enhancement to my career as well, seeing as how I'm an ESL teacher. Any experience that helps me learn to communicate better with a culture different from my own will be an enhancement to my career.

I'm just not enthralled, but there was bound to be at least ONE thing out of the 23 that I didn't care for, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. I have not used StumbleUpon before. I will have to take a look at it. One thing I loved about Delicious was being able to export all of my bookmarks and save them because we are getting new office/circulation computers in the library. That saved me a lot of heartache and time.

    ReplyDelete