Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #21: More with Google

As I mentioned in the earlier post, I'm a big fan of the Google tools. In fact, I use it in my classroom fairly often and it's already factored in to some of my earliest lesson plans for next year.

To make sure that I wasn't getting away too easy with these couple of assignments, I created a public calendar just for the vacation that I'm about to take my younger sister, Hilary, on as a graduation/18th bday present. Do I know how to create a link to it? Nope, sure don't...unless I'm using a google site, and then I certainly can.

Which is why I'm including the link to my site that I created with the Google Apps program this spring. I really enjoyed creating the content, and one of my main goals as a teacher this year is to incorporate it more into my teaching and truly make it a part of the curriculum. I would have created a yearbook site today, but I'm still thinking that I'm going to do a wiki for them, so I'll have a full year of using both a wiki and a google site for the classroom setting and I can pick the one I think best fits my students' needs at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment