Monday, July 5, 2010

Library "Thing" #16

I love Library Thing. At some point, I had a Library Thing account, but I just completely forgot.

I'm enjoying exploring this tool for my personal life, trying to find book "suggestions" from other users who generally enjoy the same type of books that I do. I'm also loving being able to see the books that my favorite authors own (the ones who are actually on Library Thing, anyhow).

As a teacher, I love to find new recommendations of the best Young Adult books, and this is a great way for me to find new books. In fact, I'm kind of nerdily excited to be able to tell my chillins what authors are reading. In addition, I'm hoping that the students will be able to keep track of my library online as well, though I'm still working on figuring out the best way to incorporate this into my curriculum and get the kids to actually care. The "Berry Classroom Library" list won't be complete for some time, of course, because my library isn't at my house...it's in the classroom. At Berry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment